Encouragement During Time of Exams
Stress times again in households all across Singapore!
Yep, it is Exam Period!
The local universities have started a couple of weeks back. Students of polys and some local Uni courses are right smack in the midst of them. And our JC, secondary and primary school children are going into full gear in preparation for the mid years!
So how to keep yourself sane during this time?
What can we do besides all the nagging(which is counterproductive in most instances of our children) and reminders to study?
Pray and release our children to our Lord and know that He has a good plan for each of them. Jer 29:11 says “… For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” Do we trust our Lord with His plans for our children?
One thought I picked up from Heart2Heart session (Moms in The Potter’s Hand Recap) yesterday was this – don’t try to rescue our children from the cross. Sometimes, they may have to go through difficult times to learn their lessons. They must learn that they need to bear the consequences of their action or inaction.
When we constantly jump in to rescue them, providing them with alternatives or other solutions, we may be jeopardizing God’s plan for them, short changing them of the opportunity to learn an important life lessons and in that process, short-circuiting their emotional growth and maturity.
Exam time is also a time of our testing … do we trust our Lord for our children, do we trust He has a good plan for them…are we able to release our children to the Lord. The releasing of our children to God will be a continual process of learning to trust in the Lord for them?
Below are some bible verses that can be used to not only to encourage our children during this stressful period but also ourselves 🙂 : –
- “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! ~ Philippians 4:13″
- “Psalms 121:1-2 I look to the hills, where do my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and Earth.”
- “Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. ~ Joshua 1:9″
- The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. ~ Deut 31:8
- To the Lord I cry aloud, and He answers me from His Holy Hill. ~ Psalm 3:8
- I call on the Lord in my distress and He answers me . ~ Psalms 120:1
- “… For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” ~ Jer 29:11
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.” ~ Prov 3:5-6
Great passages to be praying into the lives of our children 🙂
You may also want to look up our previous posts on exam prayers and ways to encourage our children during this period :